So how do we keep politicians from running the country?
Think about physicians:
- The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
- Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
- Accidental deaths per physicianis 0.171. 1Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.
Now think about gun owners:
- The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that’s 80 million..)
- The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups,is 1,500.
- The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188. 2Statistics courtesy of FBI
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, “Guns don’t kill people, doctors do.” Also: Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
Out of concern for the public at large, we are witholding the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.
Footnotes [ + ]
|1.||↑||Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.|
|2.||↑||Statistics courtesy of FBI|
“Money may not buy happiness, Loretta, but it does buy beer.”
–From “The Lockhorns” by Bunny Hoest and John Reiner
The things that come to those who wait will be the things left over by those who didn’t.
The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.